The Board of External Affairs (BExA) looks after all the overseas affairs such as activities held between external bodies and professional institutes in which our President normally heads the delegation to all these meetings and conferences.
- To liaise with Architects Regional Council Asia (ARCASIA) and Commonwealth Association of Architects (CAA) and contribute towards various Committees, congresses, forums, projects, roundtable meetings, training and events.
- To act as Coordinator in ARCASIA Committees to facilitate communication between HKIA and ARCASIA and or observer to various committees.
- To coordinate and participate in ARCASIA events, such as Student Workshop, Roundtable, and the 19th ARCASIA Asian Congress of Architects (ACA19) in Shanghai, China in November 2020 etc.
- To liaise with The International Union of Architects (UIA) and contributes towards various Commissions and Work Programmes:
(Education Commission, International Competition Commission, Professional Practice Commission, Sustainable Development Goals Commission; Work Programmes 2017-2020: Architecture for All, Architecture and Children, Heritage and Cultural Identity, Social Habitat, Community Architecture+Human Rights, Intermediate Cities Urbanisation and Development, Public Health, Sports and Leisure, Education and Cultural Spaces, Sustainability and Climate Change, UIA-IFLA Indigenous Ecosystem Corridors and Nodes Project).
- To coordinate and participate in UIA events, such as Competition, Awards, Prizes, and the 27th World Congress of Architects in Rio, Brazil in July 2020, etc.
- UIA Work Programme Architecture for All (AfA) Region IV website: http://uiawpafa.hkia.net/