The International Union of Architects (UIA) is pleased to announce the second edition of the UIA Award for Innovation in Architectural Education, organised jointly by the UIA Architectural Education Commission and the UIA Sustainable Development Goals Commission. This edition of the award will focus on the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Award was established in 2019 to celebrate the multifaceted nature of innovation across the boundaries of cultures and geographies. It also seeks to promote inspiring pedagogical practices that contribute to the creation of sustainable environments. Colleges, schools, departments or programmes of architecture worldwide are invited to submit academic programmes and courses demonstrating:
- Excellence in Pedagogical Practice based on evidence of pedagogical innovation and enhanced learning outcomes
- Excellence in Addressing Sustainable Development Goals based on evidence of innovation in content, identifying challenges and developing of solutions.
The Award addresses university level professional education in architecture or any study programme for professional architectural education worldwide, including university level independent schools/programmes or schools/programmes within public or private universities. The following conditions apply:
- The school/programme must have been established for at least ten years.
- The school/programme must offer a professional degree in architecture which is recognised by its local higher education authorities and/or local validation/accreditation body.
UNESCO-UIA validation is not a requirement for entry.
- Martha Thorne (United States/Spain)
- Howaida Al-Harithy (Lebanon/Saudi Arabia)
- Michael J. Crosbie (United States)
- Anupama Kundoo (India)
- Hermie Delport (South Africa)
Alternate Jury Members:
- Deniz Incedayi (Turkey)
- Efthalia-Thaleia Grigoriadou (Greece)
- Ashraf M. Salama (Egypt/United Kingdom), Award Curator
Observers (non-voting) technical committee members:
- Marilys Nepomechie (USA), Iman Gawad (Egypt), Cid Blanco (Brazil)
The jury will award one prize (certificate): for one school/programme located within each of the five UIA Regions. The jury reserves the right to award Honorable Mentions or not to award all the prizes if the entries fall short of the required standards.
The official language of the Award is English.
- Launch of competition: 26 September 2022
- Deadline for receiving questions: 17 October 2022
- Responses to questions published: 7 November 2022
- Deadline for submissions: 30 January 2023
- Jury evaluations: 20 February - 20 March 2023
- Announcement of results: 17 April 2023
- Award ceremony: During the UIA Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark (2-6 July 2023).
UIA Prize Platform
Visit UIA Website for more details: https://www.uia-architectes.org/en/award/the-uia-award-for-innovation-in-architectural-education-focus-on-un-sdgs-2nd-edition/