The objective of the ARCASIA Thesis of the Year 2022 (TOY ARCASIA 2022) is to provide an arena for the schools of architecture in ARCASIA member countries and their undergraduate students to display their potential and fresh ideas in the international platform provided by ARCASIA to heighten and elevate architecture education in Asia. TOY ARCASIA is dedicated to fresh ideas in the Thesis from the final-year students in each member country and opens a route to the knowledge exchange of architectural education.
The works are submitted by ARCASIA Member Institutes. Each institute must set up a procedure to select National Winners and submit 3 (three) national winners to the TOY ARCASIA Committee for the final judging (the TOY ARCASIA Judging Committee). The work must be a completed thesis of the fifth or final-year student in an undergraduate professional degree program. Students cannot submit their work directly to TOY ARCASIA.
- Announcement of TOY Award 2022 - 1 May 2022
- Submission Closes (to HKIA) - 10 July 2022 23:59 HKT
- HKIA Submit Shortlisted entries to Forum 21Team closes - 24 July 2022
- Results of the Winners - 15 August 2022
- Declaration of Winners and Award Ceremony - 5 September 2022
DIGITAL MATERIALS (300 DPI)
1. JPG files of ONE A1 (594mm x 840mm) Portrait format layout image consisting of:
- Thesis title and location address
- Thesis design concept and description
- Thesis brief data
- Drawing and presentation
2. Duly completed HKIA entry form
Requirements for all Submission materials
- All submission materials shall be in English
- This is an anonymous award selection. Anonymity should appear in all submission materials, except item 2 above.
- The participant submitting must have legal rights and copyrights to all submission material.
Submission and Enquiry
Students must submit their work to HKIA at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10 July 2022 23:59 HKT to join TOY ARCASIA 2022.
In case of inquiry, please contact TOY ARCASIA 2022 Secretariat at email@example.com
The selected entries sent from all the NIAs of ARCASIA will be judged by the broad assessment guidelines by the Jurors. The decision of the Jury Panel shall be final and binding on all parties concerned and decisions cannot be appealed against. Participants do not have the right to request access to the Jurors’ comments or records on the adjudication.
ONE GOLD AWARD
Gold Award for the work that receives the highest merit by majority of the judges, or receives the highest total score from all judges
ONE SILVER AWARD
Silver Award for the work that receives the second highest merit by all judges, or receives the second highest total score from all judges
ONE BRONZE AWARD
Bronze Award for the work that receives the third highest merit by all judges, or receives the third-highest total score from all judges
- ACAE Immediate Past Chairman (Head Juror) - Ar. Gyanendra Singh Shekhawat (IIA)
- ACAE Chairman - Ar. Adrianta Aziz (PAM)
- Convener of Student Design Competition - Ar. Tsovoodavaa Gantumur (UMA)
- ARCASIA President’s Nominee - TBC
- Representative from Zone A - TBC
- Representative from Zone B - TBC
- Representative from Zone C - TBC
Download detail Award Brief