Architects Regional Council Asia (ARCASIA) is organising the 21st Asian Forum of Architects (Forum 21) on 4-9 September 2022 in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia with the theme "The Future of Sustainable Urban Development", now open call for paper submission.
Sustainability has become an indispensable part of every challenge in this rapidly changing world including urban development which is emerging as one of the pressing issues for the whole environment of human inhabitance and the paths of its future development. Sustainable Urban Development is a complex and multi-faceted issue that is relevant to everybody as it embraces all aspects of human life, the natural environment, socio-economic development, culture and many others, and it demands a comprehensive approach for solutions to this essential for human beings issue. While the issue is global its solution is mainly local.
Nevertheless, as it is impossible to cover all aspects of this global challenge within the framework of one forum, we have been suggesting focusing on the following concrete topics within the theme of the forum in connection to the ongoing project of building a satellite city around the newly constructed International Airport in Mongolia, to make the forum as practicable and result-oriented as possible.
- Efficient concept of urban development around the airport, interdependence of land ports and freight logistics, and development trends;
- Planning, theory and practice of free economic zones along the airport;
- Mathematical modeling of Asian architecture and urban development;
- Strategy and policy of urban planning / sustainable socio-spatial dynamics of the city and its management/;
- Urban economic development: innovative and entrepreneurial cities in the global economy.
ABOUT THE SUBMISSION
a. The abstract should be between 300 and 500 English words, 5 keywords, the title of the paper, name(s) of the author(s), affiliations including email addresses, and corresponding author.
b. The full paper should not exceed 3000 words (including everything). Instructions for the final paper will be sent along with notification of acceptance of abstracts. (download sample format in PDF)
c. Timeline of the Call for paper:
- May 15, 2022: Last date of abstract submission
- May 31, 2022: Notification of abstract acceptance
- July 15, 2022: Last date of full paper submission
- July 30, 2022: Final notification of acceptance
- Sept. 8, 2022: Date of the Forum
Please send an abstract, full text, personal information to Forum 21 Secretariat email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FORUM21 call for paper link