BIM Advanced Workshop: Use CFD for Interior Airflow Analysis to Lower the Risk of Covid-19 Infection
The CIC BIM Advanced Workshop aims at enhancing practitioners' BIM skill level by providing hands-on opportunities on different BIM related software. This time, we are pleased to have Autodesk supporting our BIM Advanced Workshop.
Content of the workshop (Information provided by vendor):
The need to re-examine the indoor air quality is crucial to prevent the virus spread and resume our normal life. With Autodesk CFD, computational fluid dynamics simulation can be used to identify areas of risk and then explore multiple mitigation strategies for occupant safety before making any physical changes to the existing setup.
This is the third of the follow up workshop after the "Fighting Covid-19 with BIM" webinar. In this workshop, we will go over the basic skills of using Autodesk CFD so that you can apply the learned skills in the indoor air quality analysis. The following topics will be included
- What could Autodesk CFD do for BIMer (conducted by instructor)
- Indoor Airflows/Thermal Simulation Practice using an office model. Attendees need to follow the pre-recorded video to finish the task.
- External Airflow/Wind load Simulation Practice. Attendees need to follow the pre-recorded video to finish the task.
- How CFD can help in Covid 19 analysis (conducted by instructor)
***We will use a new way to conduct the Autodesk CFD workshop. The instructor will give the introduction of the Autodesk CFD and you will follow the pre-recorded videos to do the practice for internal and external airflow analysis. Assistance will be provided by teaching assistants onsite and the instructor via zoom.***
Date: 25 Oct 2021 (Mon)
Time: 14:00 – 17:30
Venue: CIC BIM Space, 29/F, Tower 2, Enterprise Square Five (MegaBox), 38 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong
Instructor (via zoom): Mandarin
Self-learning video: Mandarin
Teaching assistants (on site): Cantonese
Capacity: 20 pax
Fee: Free of Charge
- Mr. Ge ZHU, Technical Sales Specialist, Autodesk
- Mr. Michael CHOI, Technical Manager, Synnex Technology International (HK) Ltd
- Mr. Waiky LEUNG, Sales Manager, AEC Industry, Autodesk
An electronic copy of CPD attendance certificate will be issued to qualified participants after the workshop.
For registration, please send email to email@example.com and state with your preferred workshop date, name, organisation, contact number and email address. Please feel free to contact Ms. LI at 3199 7274 for any enquiry.
Confirmation email will be sent upon successful registration.