HKIA Calling for Expression of Interest
Submission for ARCASIA "Architecture Asia" Magazine
Special Issue on COVID-19 Pandemic - Building a Healthy Future
Following the decision by Architects Reginal Council Asia (ARCASIA) in the 40th Council Meeting on 6 November 2019, Architectural Society of China (ASC) is now taking up the publication of Architecture Asia from 2020. Tongji University is acting as the editor.
2020 is the year of transition for Architecture Asia. ARCASIA is planning to publish two special issues, one of which is about COVID-19 pandemic – Building a Healthy Future. This issue will be published on the brand-new Architecture Asia website in late August, followed by a printed version.
As COVID-19 keeps influencing the world and Asian regions, many countries of ARCASIA member institutes are still suffering from the impacts and confronting great challenges. As an official magazine of ARCAISA, ARCASIA would like to focus on this issue and promote sharing and collaboration.
HKIA members are cordially invited to submit projects/articles/creations/practice related to the topic:
Projects & Practice
- Architecture practice such as infectious diseases hospitals, makeshift hospitals, medical facilities, or any other architectures related to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Other creations show the relations between architects, architectures, cities and the COVID-19 Pandemic, e.g. photographs, drawings, sketches, etc.
For interested HKIA members, please express your interest of contribution by emailing your membership number and the following materials in English to email@example.com on or before 7 July 2020.
- For projects and practice: 3 images, project title, architectural firm name, project design description
- For articles: author name(s), topic, abstract in 100-200 words
- For other creations: author name(s), image(s), title, description
Full version of the selected submissions would be required to be sent to ARCASIA by 31 July 2020. Board of External Affairs (BExA) Secretariat would contact with the selected authors in due course.
HKIA and ARCASIA are looking forward to receiving HKIA members’ submissions.
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Erica CHAN or Ms. Kat TSANG of BExA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (852) 2511 6323.
26 June 2020