In order to reduce the risk of the spread of Novel Coronavirus in the community, the HKIA Secretariat adopts the flexible arrangement of allowing staff to work at home. The arrangement is to be extended to 15 February. The HKIA Office remains open at its normal office hours to provide Members with essential and basic services. However, some services may need to be handled by phone or email. We plead for Members’ kind consideration. The arrangement will be reviewed in accordance with the outbreak development.
In view of the latest development of the outbreak, the HKIA has taken the following strengthened measures, taking into consideration the guidelines of the Hong Kong Government and the operational needs of the Institute. The Institute will closely monitor the development of the outbreak for timely review of our measures.
- Except for important affairs of the Institute that must be handled face-to-face, all local meetings, lectures, study tours and other activities should be cancelled as far as possible, or replaced by alternatives such as live webcast, online conferences, circulation by email, etc. until further notice.
- All meetings or study tours to Mainland China are to be postponed until further notice.
- Secretariat staff who have been to Mainland China recently needed to stay home for 14 days upon their return to Hong Kong. As at 11 February, all the staff concerned would have completed such requirement. All staff members can also choose to work at home. The measure is to be implemented tentatively until 15 February, and the Institute will review the situation later.
- The Institute has arranged daily cleaning and disinfection of the HKIA Office. Staff members are provided with protective materials such as surgical masks and hand sanitizer. Staff are also reminded to wear masks and pay attention to personal hygiene so as to work together to reduce the risk of virus spread.
- HKIA urges Members to closely monitor the development of the outbreak for taking timely and proper precautionary measures. For details, please refer to:-
10 February 2020
HKIA Takes Precautionary Measures Against Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (Announcement on 3 February 2020)