On behalf of the Institute, I cordially invite your submission to the HKIA Annual Awards 2019/20. With the vision and mission “Build a better Hong Kong Promote Architectural Excellence” in our mind, we call for nomination of your outstanding architectural projects, either local or overseas.
In today’s world, there is a diversity of needs by different group of people. With the scarce resource of the globe, we, the architect, have innovative ways to upgrade the environment to meet the social needs, with an aim of extending and strengthening civil society by creating positive social impact. A new category of "Social Innovation" is therefore set up under Special Architectural Award. By this new category, we would be able to see our fellow members’ innovative and caring mind.
Facing with the COVID-19 threat, we prepare several contingency plans for the jury process, to ensure safety of all of members and jurors, while keep the fairness of the jury process and credibility of HKIA Annual Awards. Please spend a minute to go through the schedule on P.8 and submission requirements on P. 13-16 of the nomination brief to facilitate the most efficient preparation for your entries.
We would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to the Jury Panel, which includes:-
- Mr. Emre Arolat, Founder of Emre Arolat Architecture
- Professor Alison Kwok, Professor of Architecture, University of Oregon, USA
- Ms. Jaffa Lam, Academic Head of Hong Kong Arts School
- Dr. Rosman Wai, HKIA senior Member, HKIA Past Vice Present (2015-2016)
- Mr. Gary Ng, HKIA Young Architect Award 2016 recipient
- Mr. Antonio Kwok, Interior Designer, KWSG Design Consultants Limited
- Mr. Cheung Hau Wai SBS, Chairman of the Hong Kong Green Building Council
- Mr. Ling Kar Kan, SBS, Director of Design Institute for Social Innovation, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Their unconditional contribution to the 2-month judging process and expertise are vital to upkeeping the standard of the HKIA Annual Awards.
We are looking forward to your submission.
Javian TANG & Paul CHU
Annual Awards 2019/20 Organizing Committee
HKIA Annnual Awards 2019/20 nomination brief
Check List [form 0] in .pdf format
Check List [form 0] in .doc format
Nomination Form [form 1] in .pdf format
Nomination Form [form 1] in .doc format
Fact Sheet [form 2] in .pdf format
Fact Sheet [form 2] in .doc format