Entitled Architecture in Hong Kong: Teaching Kit for the Appreciation of Architecture in Secondary School Curriculum(for senior secondary school students), the project offers a teaching kit developed by the Hong Kong Institute of Architects (HKIA), with support from the Community Project Workshop (CPW) under the Faculty of Architecture of HKU and advice from Education Bureau (EdB).
- To foster the creativity and critical thinking of senior secondary school students through understanding in various aspects of architecture;
- To enrich senior secondary school students with basic understanding of local architecture and hence, enhance their sense of belonging to the Hong Kong community, awareness of environmental and cultural conservation;
- To facilitate the linkage between secondary and tertiary education in the fields of arts, science and technology of the built environment and act as the foundation knowledge for students’ career options in the architectural professions.
Content of Teaching Aids
- It is in line with the current New Senior Secondary (NSS) curriculum;
- It covers various topics under Visual Arts, Design and Applied Technology, Liberal Studies and Science;
- The teaching materials include video clips, slideshows, case studies, project-based learning, group discussions and worksheets;
- A series of workshops and training sessions would be arranged for teachers and assist them in creating a diverse learning experience for students.
Being one of the projects supported by the Community Development Committee under Board of External Affairs, HKIA, the following post is open for recruitment to run the workshops:
Guest Instructors (on voluntary basis)
The Guest Instructors should possess the following attributes:-
n Member of The Hong Kong Institute of Architects
n Proficient in written and spoken Chinese & English
n Passionate in education and community services
n Previous experience in teaching / education is preferred
n Knowledgeable in architecture in relation to Visual Art, Science, Design and Technology as well as Liberal Studies disciplines is preferred
n Availability during weekdays daytime is an advantage
2. Responsibilities of the Guest Instructor
n To attend an interview on 16 June 2012 (Saturday) and a briefing session on 7 July 2012 (Saturday) or other date to be confirmed
n To teach at least 2 sessions during July to December 2012 in the train-the-trainer workshop (i.e. seminar / workshop / guided tour, depending on the assigned role)
The workshops and correlated preparations shall commence from June 2012 till December 2012, with possibility of extension.
Remuneration will commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidates. Please apply with full details of qualifications and career experience to the Registrar, 19/F, One Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay, HK or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will be closed at 5pm, 13 June 2012 (Wednesday). Should there be any query, please contact Ms. Gweneth Tong, Project Officer of HKIA Secretariat at 2805 7379 or email to email@example.com.