On 3rd September, 1956, 27 architects gathered and formed The Hong Kong Society of Architects. As the membership of the Society increased, recognition was given by Royal Institute of British Architects as an Allied Society. The change of name from Society to Institute was effected in 1972 and had initiated a new phase of activities for the Institute.

In 1990, The Hong Kong Institute of Architects Incorporation Ordinance (Chapter 1147) was enacted which governs the running of the Institute since then.

Today The Hong Kong Institute of Architects ( HKIA ) has more than 4,000 members and more than 170 architectural practices as corporate members.

Apart from the Hong Kong office, the Institute also operates a representative office in Beijing since 2006.

Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Sitemap © The Hong Kong Institute of Architects. All Rights Reserved.